From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Marigold could mean:
Plants[change | change source]
- Calendula officinalis (marigold or pot marigold)
- Tagetes (Mexican marigold, African marigold or French marigold)
- Glebionis segetum (syn. Chrysanthemum segetum; corn marigold)
- tree marigold = Tithonia diversifolia
- Peruvian marigold = usually Helianthus ssp. or rarely Tagetes tenuifolia
- desert marigold = Baileya multiradiata
- marsh marigold; Caltha palustris in the Buttercup family Ranunculaceae
literature and entertainment[change | change source]
- "Marigolds", a short story by Eugenia Collier
- "Marigold" (song) by the band Nirvana
- Marigold (2007 film), a Hindi film
- A character in The Witcher
- A character in a Streetlight Manifesto song called "The Receiving End of It All".
- A myth describing what seems to be creation of the marigold is mentioned in the story of Clytie and Apollo, although the plant concerned is often considered to the heliotrope.
Other[change | change source]
- Marigold, California
- In British English slang, a marigold is a rubber glove, especially a yellow or orange one used for washing dishes.
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.