Maulana Sami ul Haq (Urdu: مولانا سمیع الحق, Samī'u’l-Ḥaq; 18 December 1937 – 2 November 2018) was a Pakistani religious scholar and Senator. He was member of the Senate of Pakistan from 1985 to 1991 and again from 1991 to 1997. He was born in Akora Khattak, British India. Sami-ul-Haq was thought as the "Father of the Taliban".
References[change | change source]
- Ali, Imtiaz (23 May 2007). "The Father of the Taliban: An Interview with Maulana Sami ul-Haq". Spotlight on Terror. The Jamestown Foundation website. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- "JUI-S chief Maulana Samiul Haq assassinated in Rawalpindi". Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- "Maulana Samiul Haq assassinated at Rawalpindi residence".
Other websites[change | change source]
- Education mullah style, Tony Cross, Radio France Internationale
- EU snub for hardline Pakistan MP, BBC News Online
- EU snub draws Pakistani protest, BBC News Online
- Maulana Sami ul Haq – Khyber.org website