|Genres||Sludge metal, doom metal, grunge, stoner rock, experimental rock, hardcore punk, alternative metal, drone metal|
|Labels||C/Z, Alchemy, Boner, Atlantic, Amphetamine Reptile, Man's Ruin, Ipecac, Your Choice, Alternative Tentacles, Slap A Ham|
|Past member(s)||Kevin Rutmanis|
The Melvins are an American rock band. They are from the city of Aberdeen, Washington. The only members who have been in the band for a long time are Buzz "King Buzzo" Osborne who plays guitar and Dale Crover who plays drums. Coady Willis who plays drums (in addition to Dale) and Jared Warren who plays bass guitar are also currently in the band. A variety of terms have been used to describe their style of music, including 'sludge metal', 'grunge', and 'stoner rock'.
Buzz Osborne started Melvins in early 1983.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ York, William. "Boris". AllMusic. Retrieved 2011-07-24.
- ↑ Scaruffi, Piero (2003). A History of Rock Music: 1951–2000. ¡Universe, Inc. p. 281. ISBN 0-595-29565-7.
Melvins (2) rediscovered 'stoner-rock' by exaggerating Blue Cheer's and Black Sabbath's slow, heavy, dark grooves.
- ↑ Schulte, Tom. "The Colossus of Destiny - Melvins". AllMusic. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- ↑ Raggett, Ned. "Stag - Melvins". AllMusic. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- ↑ Kennedy, Patrick. "Stoner Witch". AllMusic. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- 1980s American music groups
- 1990s American music groups
- 2000s American music groups
- 2010s American music groups
- American rock bands
- American heavy metal bands
- Grunge bands
- Musical groups from Washington (state)
- Musical groups established in 1983
- 1983 establishments in the United States
- 1980s establishments in Washington (state)