Michael Donald Brown
|Michael Donald Brown|
|United States Shadow Senator|
from the District of Columbia
Assumed office |
January 3, 2007
Serving with Paul Strauss
|Preceded by||Florence Pendleton|
August 5, 1953|
Newark, New Jersey, U.S.
Democratic (Before 2014)|
University of Maryland, College|
Park (BA, MPP)
As a shadow senator, Brown receives no pay from the government, receives no budget from the government, and cannot vote on matters before the Senate. While he does not have an office in the United States Senate, the Government of the District provides the position with an office.
References[change | change source]
- Sommer, Will (June 13, 2014). "Shadow Sen. Michael Brown Declares for At-Large Race". Washington City Paper.
- Jaffee, Harry (September 6, 2010). "Doggett comes back to sort out D.C.'s black, white, Brown problem". The Washington Examiner.
- "Voters Guide 2006 Supplement" (PDF). The Washington Informer. 2006-09-24.
- "DC Government Resource Center: Congressional Delegation (Shadow)". Government of the District of Columbia. Archived from the original on 2008-01-12. Retrieved 2008-01-28.
- Chibbaro, Jr., Lou (2006-09-01). "Gay Pannell outpaces rival in race for shadow Senate seat". Washington Blade. Archived from the original on 2007-09-24. Retrieved 2008-01-29.
- Ponder, Meredith (2006-09-27). "Shadow delegates: Emerging from the dark". The Georgetown Independent. Retrieved 2008-01-29.
- Copeland, Libby (2007-01-16). "Shadow Delegation Toils in Obscurity for D.C.'s Day in the Sun". The Washington Post. p. C01. Retrieved 2008-01-29.
- "Offices on the Ballot: United States Senator and Representative". District of Columbia Board of Elections and Ethics. Archived from the original on 2008-04-02. Retrieved 2008-04-07.