|Initial release||March 10, 1995|
1.00a / August 30, 1995
|Operating system||Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, XP |
Microsoft Bob is a computer program that was made by Microsoft. It was created to make Microsoft Windows easier to use. Microsoft Bob looks like a house that the user can move around in. The user's computer programs can be placed in the rooms to look like things in the house, like boxes and pictures.
History[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Lifecycle Information for Microsoft Obsolete Products Support". support.microsoft.com. Microsoft. Archived from the original on 14 August 2005. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "Raymond Chen Discusses Microsoft Bob". technet.microsoft.com. Microsoft. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "MS plans Utopia for PC users". Computer Shoqqer. April 1994.
- "Microsoft makes for Utopia". Personal Computer World. May 1994.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Microsoft Bob Review
- Information about Microsoft Bob version 1.0 for Windows
- The GUI Gallery: Microsoft Bob' Examining Bob in the context of other graphical user interfaces
- A short computing history (story and slideshow) of Bobs from Microsoft Bob to Bob Metcalfe to Alice & Bob.
- A more in-depth article about Microsoft Bob (in German)
- Video of the Microsoft Bob in action at YouTube