||This article does not have any sources. (June 2009)
A millisecond (sometimes shortened to 'ms') is one thousandth of a second. This page lists times between 10−3 seconds and 10−2 seconds (1 millisecond to 10 milliseconds).
One millisecond contains 1000 microseconds. There are 1000 milliseconds in a second.
- 1 millisecond – the time it takes for a normal flash in a camera to finish.
- 1 millisecond – time taken for sound to travel 34 cm
- 1.000692286 milliseconds – time taken for light to travel 300 km in a vacuum
- 2 milliseconds – half life of hassium-265
- 3 milliseconds – a housefly’s wing flap
- 3.4 milliseconds – half life of meitnerium-266
- 5 milliseconds – a honeybee’s wing flap
- 8 milliseconds – 1/125 of a second (125), a camera shutter speed
- 9 milliseconds – normal seek time for a 7200rpm hard disk
- 33.3 milliseconds - the amount of time one frame lasts in 30fps video
- 30 to 100 milliseconds - normal latency for a broadband internet connection
- 100 milliseconds - the reaction speed of a human
- 102 milliseconds - half-life of bohrium-262
- 134 milliseconds - the amount of time it takes by light to travel around the earth's equator
- 200 to 670 milliseconds - the tempo of modern dance music (128 - 150 BPM)
- 300 to 400 milliseconds - the blink of a human eye
- 838 milliseconds - half-life of lithium-8