Marian Elaine "Mimi" Walters (née Krogius; born May 14, 1962, Pasadena, California) is an American businesswoman and politician. Under the Republican Party, she was a U.S. Representative in California's 45th congressinal district.
Before running for the office, Walters was an investment banker between 1988 and 1995. Walters was later the chairwoman under the Laguna Niguel Investment and Banking Committee. Walters did two terms under the Laguna Niguel City Council between 1996 and 2004. Walters was the mayor in 2000. She was elected mayor again later that year.
The political positions[change | change source]
Walters got an 89% evaluation under the American Conservative Union in 2017.
Walters was rated "D" under the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws.
Walters supported taking down and replacing the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare, with the American Health Care Act of 2017. She said passing the American Health Care Act "is a critical step" towards the goal of rescuing "this failing health care system."
References[change | change source]
- "Walters, Mimi". United States House of Representative. Retrieved July 19, 2021.
- "Mimi Walters". The USC Dornsife. Retrieved July 19, 2021.
- "On the Issues". On the Issues. Retrieved July 19, 2021.
- "Drug Sense". Drug Sense. Retrieved July 19, 2021.
- "Republicans Who Voted for the AHCA Better Watch Out". Washington Post. Retrieved July 19, 2021.