Mohali is a city in the Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar district, Punjab, India. It is the headquarters of Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar district. It was officially named after Sahibzada Ajit Singh as SAS Nagar ("The City of Sahibzada Ajit Singh"). He was the eldest son of Guru Gobind Singh. It is still known popularly as 'Mohali'.
Demographics[change | change source]
As per 2011 census Mohali had a population of 176,170. In this males were 92,301 and females were 83,869. The literacy rate was 91.96% per cent. The sex ratio of Mohali is 909 females per 1000 males. Sikhism is the majority religion in Mohali. About 51.53% of the people are Sikhs. Hinduism is the second most followed religion here. 45.5% people in Mohali are Hindus. Minority religions here are Muslims, Christians, Buddhists and Jains.
Religious places[change | change source]
- Gurdwara Singh Shaheedan
- Shri Thakur Dwara Mandir (Hanuman Mandir)
- Mandir Mata Raj Rajeshwari, located near the Khadhi Bhandaar office
- Shiv Mandir
- Jamia Masjid
- Badri Narayan Mandir
- Gurdwara Akal Ashram
- Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib Gurdwara
- Sohana Hospital
- Sai Mandir
- Jamia-e-Ali Masjid
- Sahib Ganj Masjid
- Durga Mata Mandir
- Sri Hanuman Mandir
References[change | change source]
- Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar is still known as Mohali to most Indians: Retrieved from ibnlive Archived 2015-02-17 at the Wayback Machine: Nov 04, 2014
- "Urban Agglomerations/Cities having population 1 lakh and above" (PDF). Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 2012-07-07.