From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
History[change | change source]
Unzen has erupted many times.
Timeline[change | change source]
- May 21, 1792 (Kansei 4, 1st day of the 4th month): Earthquake centered at Unzen caused tsunami which hit Higo Province
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- United States Geological Survey (USGS), "Deadliest Volcanic Eruptions Since 1500 A.D."; Geological Survey of Japan, "Active Volcanoes in Japan"; retrieved 2012-6-15.
- Johnston, Eric, "Latest volcano show: Shinmoe," Japan Times. 1 March 2011; retrieved 2012-6-15.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Geophysical Data Center, Significant Earthquake; retrieved 2012-6-15.
- Connor, Steve. "The men and women in woolly hats who risk their lives to study volcanoes," The Independent (UK). 22 April 2010; retrieved 2012-6-15.