Moustapha Akkad (July 1, 1930 – November 11, 2005) was a Syrian-American movie producer and director who was known for producing all the Halloween movies until his death in 2005. He did not produce the first two Rob Zombie remakes. Halloween 9 was cancelled because of his death.
Akkad was born on July 1, 1930 in Aleppo, Syria. He was raised in Los Angeles, California. Akkad studied at Aleppo American College, at the University of California, Los Angeles and at the University of Southern California. He was married to Patricia Akkad until they divorced. Then he was to married Sasha Ascha until his death in 2005. He has two children with Patricia and one with Sasha.
Akkad and his daughter, Rima were both killed by a large explosion in the lobby of the hotel. They were in Amman, Jordan. Akkad and his daughter were in the lobby when it happened and his daughter died instantly. Akkad died two days after because of his injuries, aged 75.
References[change | change source]
- "Moustapha Akkad, 75, Who Produced Religious and Horror Films, Is Dead". New York Times. 2005-11-12. Retrieved 2010-07-05.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Moustapha Akkad on IMDb
- Moustapha Akkad at Find a Grave
- Aljazeera. Firas Al-Atraqchi. An Arab American director's legacy
- Juan Cole. The Strange Death of Moustapha Akkad
- The Telegraph. Moustapha Akkad