|Date of birth||12 June 2000|
|Place of birth||Utrecht, Netherlands|
|FC Delta Sports 95|
|2019–2020||ADO Den Haag||2||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 12 April 2022.
Club career[change | change source]
Piqué startes her career with FC Delta Sports 95. She has played for ADO Den Haag in the Netherlands. After three seasons she moved to Excelsior in 2020. With the contract she became officially a professional football, but received a minimum amount of compensation fees.
International career[change | change source]
Piqué made her debut for the Surinamese national team at the 2022 CONCACAF Championships qualification. After the competition, on the way back home, she was left together with two other players at the airport in Puerto Rico without a valid flight ticket, money and hotel stay. The three women started a boycot and didn’t want to compete for the national team with the current management anymore. The boycot received media attentention. Piqué was during this situation in the media explaining what happened and how the situation progressed.
References[change | change source]
- "Naomi Pique". SBV Excelsior (in Dutch). Retrieved 13 April 2022.
- "Game Details". CONCACAF. 12 April 2022. Retrieved 13 April 2022.
- Naomi Piqué at Soccerway. Retrieved 13 April 2022.
- "ADO Den Haag-speelster Naomi Piqué stapt over naar Excelsior Vrouwen" (in Dutch). haaglandenvoetbal.nl. 29 May 2020. Archived from the original on 23 August 2022. Retrieved 23 August 2022.
- "Naomi Piqué: Of ik me prof voel? Sportief wel, financieel niet" (in Dutch). Algemeen Dagblad. 6 September 2021 – via haaglandenvoetbal.nl.
- "Naomi Piqué". Global Sports Archive. Retrieved 13 April 2022.
- Grol, Sjors (16 April 2022). "Hoe de droom van Surinaamse voetbalsters veranderde in een trip vol tragiek" (in Dutch). ESPN .
- "Excelsior-internationals achtergelaten op vliegveld: 'Hadden geen geld en bagage was al naar Suriname'" (in Dutch). Algemeen Dagblad. 21 April 2022.
- "Piqué over kansen: "Hadden er alle drie in gemoeten"" (in Dutch). ESPN. 26 April 2022.
- "Naomi Piqué reageert na Surinaams statement: "Nog niks nieuws"" (in Dutch). vrouwenvoetbalnieuws.nl. 26 April 2022.