Nasrallah Boutros Sfeir
Nasrallah Boutros Sfeir (Al-Kārdīnāl Mār Naṣrallah Buṭrus Ṣufayr, Arabic: الكاردينال مار نصر الله بطرس صفير; 15 May 1920 – 12 May 2019) was the patriarch of Lebanon's largest Christian body, the Maronite Church, an Eastern Catholic Church in communion with the Holy See. He was also a Cardinal. He was elected Patriarch of Antioch for the Maronites on 27 April 1986, and his resignation was accepted on 26 February 2011. Bechara Boutros al-Rahi became patriarch following the resignation.
Sfeir was the third Maronite Cardinal and the 76th Patriarch of the Maronite Church with the official title of "His Beatitude and Eminence the seventy-sixth Patriarch of Antioch and the Whole Levant".
References[change | change source]
- "The departure of the resistance patriarch ... 99 years of faith to the glory of Lebanon". Lebanese Forces News. 12 May 2019. Retrieved 13 May 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nasrallah Boutros Sfeir.|
- Official website
- Video Biography (in Arabic) at YouTube
- His Beatitude and Eminence Patriarch Sfeir
- Dossier: Nasrallah Boutros Sfeir
- Patriarch Sfeir page on Catholic Hierarchy