Nastassja Kinski in 2009
Nastassja Aglaia Nakszyński
24 January 1961
|Spouse(s)||Ibrahim Moussa (1984–1992)|
Nastassja Kinski (born January 24, 1961)is a German-born American movie actress who has been in more than 60 movies. She is the daughter of German actor Klaus Kinski. Her movie debut was in The Wrong Move in 1975 at the age of 13. She starred in 1976 in To the Devil a Daughter. She was also in a television episode of Tatort called Reifizeugnis in 1976. That show was about a teenage girl in love with her teacher. She was then in Boarding School in 1976. She was also in Così come sei, also called Stay as You Are in 1978. She won a Golden Globe Award for her role in Tess. The most recent movie she was in was Inland Empire (2006).
Personal life[change | change source]
At one point she dated Polish movie director Roman Polanski, who she met on the set of Tess. She had a son with actor Vincent Spano. In the mid-1980s, Kinski met Egyptian movie maker Ibrahim Moussa. They married on September 10, 1984. They had two children. The marriage ended in 1992. From 1992 until 1995, Kinski lived with musician Quincy Jones. In 1993, their daughter was born.
References[change | change source]
- John Sandford (ed) (2001) Encyclopedia of Contemporary German Culture (Routledge world reference): 340
- "Der Spiegel report on Kinski". Spiegel.de. 15 March 1961. Retrieved 18 April 2010.
- Davidson, John E. Deterritorializing the New German Cinema Regents of the University of Minnesota 1999 page 80
- Welsh, James Michael; Gene D. Phillips; Rodney Hill The Francis Ford Coppola Encyclopedia Scarecrow Press Inc. Lanham, Maryland 2010 page 154
- "To the Devil a Daughter" – via www.imdb.com.
- Ellis, Bill Raising the Devil: Satanism, New Religions, and the Media The University Press of Kentucky 2000 page 159
- Bach, Hans-Michael; Tim Bergfelder The Concise Cinegraph: Encyclopedia of German Cinema Berghahn Books 2009 page 360
- Weldon, Michael The Psychotronic Video Guide St. Martin's Press New York New York 1996 page 70
- "Movie Reviews". 14 February 2019 – via NYTimes.com.
- "The dark secrets of Roman Polanksi". Mail Online.
- "After 'tess' and Roman Polanski, Nastassia Kinski Trades Notoriety for L.a. Propriety". PEOPLE.com.
- Docherty, Cameron (26 September 1997). "Nastassja Kinski: Still a daddy's girl". London: Independent.co.uk. Retrieved 25 May 2010.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nastassja Kinski.|