National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo
|National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo|
MOMAT collects, houses, and preserves a collection of modern art, including both Japanese- and Western-style paintings, prints, watercolors, drawings, and sculpture, all dating from the Meiji Period through the 20th century.
MOMAT is in Kitanomaru Park in Tokyo.
History[change | change source]
MOMAT was established in 1952.
Related pages[change | change source]
- Kyoto National Museum (KNM)
- Nara National Museum (NNM)
- National Art Center, Tokyo (NACT)
- National Museum of Art, Osaka (NMAO)
- National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto (MOMAK)
- National Museum of Western Art (NMWA)
- Tokyo National Museum (TNM)
- List of Independent Administrative Institutes in Japan
- List of national museums
Notes[change | change source]
- MOMAT is an English acronym. MOMAT stands for "Museum Of Modern Art, Tokyo.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Museums" in Japan Encyclopedia, pp. 671-673.
- "The National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo," New York Times; retrieved 2012-2-7.
- Japan Cultural Profile, National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo; retrieved 2012-2-7.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo.|