National Socialist Council of Nagaland
The Nationalist Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN) is a nationalist paramilitary group. It operates mainly in Northeast India, and sometimes in Myanmar. Its members are Christian Naga people. The main aim of the organization is to establish a sovereign state, "Nagalim". This would cover all areas inhabited by the Naga people.
References[change | change source]
- Dholabhai, Nishit (18 February 2011). "NSCN wants swift solution". The Telegraph. Calcutta, India.
- "Police, NSCN militants exchange fire". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 2 July 2004.
- "National Socialist Council of Nagaland - Isak-Muivah". www.satp.org.
- Lyle Morris (22 March 2011). "Is China Backing Indian Insurgents?". The Diplomat. Retrieved April 27, 2011.
- "Government declares NSCN (K) as terrorist organization under UAPA". pib.nic.in. Retrieved 2015-11-17.