Nepal national cricket team
The Nepal national cricket team (Nepali: नेपाल राष्ट्रिय क्रिकेट टिम) is also known as The Rhinos. It is a team which plays international cricket matches for Nepal. It is managed by the Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN). They have been an Associate Member of the International Cricket Council since 1996 and were previously an Affiliate Member since 1988. Nepal were awarded Twenty20 International (T20I) status by the ICC in June 2014 until the 2015 ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier. On 15 March 2018, Nepal gained One Day International (ODI) status for the first time. They also regained Twenty20 International status. It was given to them after winning the first playoff match in the 2018 Cricket World Cup Qualifier. The current captain of this team is Paras Khadka.
References[change | change source]
- "Nepal's Official Jersey at T10 Sports".
- "Nepal's Profile at CricketArchive". CricketArchive. Retrieved 2 May 2005.
- "Results of ICC Board meeting in Melbourne". International Cricket Council. Archived from the original on 12 July 2014. Retrieved 28 June 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Nepal, Netherlands get T20 international status". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "Nepal thrash PNG to secure ODI status". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "Historic moment for Nepal cricket: Rhinos get ODI status for first time in history". Online Khabar. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "Nepal claim ODI status for the first time". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 15 March 2018.