New York Public Library
History[change | change source]
The size and importance of the library grew along with the city.
References[change | change source]
- The Library of Congress is the largest library in the US.
- The borough of Brooklyn has the Brooklyn Public Library; and the borough of Queens has the Queens Borough Public Library.
- Lydenberg, Harry Miller. "History of the New York Public Library," Bulletin of the New York Public Library, Vol. 20, July-August 1916, pp. 556–563.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: New York Public Library|
- New York Public Library website
- New York Times, "British Architect to Redesign City Library," October 22, 2008; "Sacking a Palace of Culture," April 21, 2012