Neymar at his Paris Saint-Germain presentation in August 2017.
|Full name||Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior
|Date of birth||5 February 1992|
|Place of birth||Sao Paulo, Brazil|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Forward / Winger|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Neymar da Silva Santos Junior, known as Neymar or Neymar Jr. (born 5 February 1992 in Magi das Cruz's, Brazil), is a Brazilian footballer that can play as a left or right Winger or as a Striker. He plays for the French team Paris Saint-Germain. He plays for the Brazil national football team at international level.
Early Life[change | change source]
Neymar was born in São Paulo, Brazil. His father was a former footballer. In 2003, Neymar began playing for Portuguesa Santista. Later that year, He and his family moved to Santos, São Paulo, where he joined Santos FC. He signed his first professional contract at age 17.
Career[change | change source]
Santos FC[change | change source]
Neymar joined Santos in 2003 and on March 7 2009, he made his debut for Santos at 17 years of age. He scored his first goal against Mogi Mirim, a week after his debut. On April 15 2010, Neymar scored five goals for Santos, beating Guarani 8-1 in the Brazilian Cup. Later, the club would win the cup. Neymar got red carded for wearing a mask in his goal celebration.
Brazil[change | change source]
After Neymar's performances for Brazil's U-17 team at the 2009 U-17 World Cup, on July 26 2010, Neymar was selected in the squad for the Brazil national team by new head coach Mano Menezes for a friendly match against USA on August 10 2010. He scored on his debut, in a 2–0 win for Brazil. On March 27 2011, he scored twice in a 2–0 win against Scotland at the Emirates Stadium.
FC Barcelona[change | change source]
Paris Saint-Germain[change | change source]
In August 2017, he was bought by the French club Paris Saint-Germain for a world record-breaking €222 million, making him the most expensive transfer of all time.
Club statistics[change | change source]
|Club||Season||League||Cup[nb 1]||League Cup||Continental||Other||Total|
|Paris Saint-Germain||2017–18||Ligue 1||14||11||1||2||1||1||6[f]||6||—||22||20|
International statistics[change | change source]
- As of 14 November 2017
Awards[change | change source]
Club[change | change source]
Santos[change | change source]
Barcelona[change | change source]
- UEFA Champions League: 2014-15
- La Liga: 2014-15, 2015-16
- Copa del Rey: 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2015
Brazil[change | change source]
- South American Youth Championship : 2011
- FIFA Confederations Cup: 2013
- Olympic Silver Medal: 2012
- Olympic Gold Medal: 2016
Individual[change | change source]
- South American Footballer of the Year: 2011, 2012
- FIFA Puskás Award: 2011
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2015
[change | change source]
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2018)|
References[change | change source]
- Appearances in Campeonato Paulista
- Appearances in Copa Sudamericana
- Appearances in Copa Libertadores
- Eleven appearances and four goals in Campeonato Paulista, two appearances and one goal in FIFA Club World Cup
- Twelve appearances and eight goals in Copa Libertadores, two appearances and one goal in Recopa Sudamericana
- Appearances in UEFA Champions League
- Appearances in Supercopa de España
- Appearances in FIFA Club World Cup
- "Neymar". ESPN.