FIFA Club World Cup
|Number of teams||7 (from 6 confederations)|
|Current champions|| Liverpool FC|
|Most successful club(s)|| Real Madrid|
|2019 FIFA Club World Cup|
The FIFA Club World Cup is a competition in the sport of Club football. The Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) organizes the World Cup every one year. The tournament officially assigns the world title. It is normally contested between the Champions of each continent, and the champion of the host country. Real Madrid is the most successful team in the tournament, with 4 titles.
List of champions and statistics[change | change source]
See also: Clubs of football world champions
|Vasco da Gama|
|2007||AC Milán||4–2||Boca Juniors|
|2008||Manchester United||1–0||LDU Quito|
|2013||Bayern Munich||2–0||Raja Casablanca|
|2014||Real Madrid||2–0||San Lorenzo|
Results by country[change | change source]
Results by continent[change | change source]
Pre Fifa Club World Cup Competition[change | change source]
- Intercontinental Cup (1960-2004); in 2017 FIFA officially recognized all of them as official club world champions with the same status to the FIFA Club World Cup winners or world champions de jure.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "FIFA Club World Championship TOYOTA Cup 2005" (PDF). FIFA Report 2005 (Zurich: Fédération Internationale de Football Association): pages 5, 19. December 2005. https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/technicaldevp/50/04/37/cwc_05_japan_tr_148.pdf.
- "FIFA Club World Cup 2017" (PDF). FIFA Report 2017 (Zurich: Fédération Internationale de Football Association): pages 15, 40, 41, 42. December 2017. http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/fifafacts/mencompcwc/02/67/91/87/statskit_fcwc2017_event_neutral.pdf.
- "FIFA Club World Cup 2017" (PDF). FIFA Regulation CWC 2017 page 37 (Zurich: Fédération Internationale de Football Association). December 2017. http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/02/91/82/38/fcwc2017uaeregulations_en_neutral.pdf.
- "Official (plural officials), from the Latin officiālis.1. The official word is also used to refer to what is recognized or derives from an authority. cfr. dictionary.com. Official, definition. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/official. 2. Approved by the government or someone in power. cfr. dictionary.cambridge.org. official. https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english-spanish/official. It is synonymous with legal, legitimate, approved. cfr. thesaurus.com. Synonyms for official. https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/official.
- FIFA Council approves key organisational elements of the FIFA World Cup - Recognition of all European and South American teams that won the Intercontinental Cup – played between 1960 and 2004 – as club world champions./ www.fifa.com
Other websites[change | change source]