North Center is one of the 77 community areas of Chicago, Illinois, located in the city's North Side.
North Center is bordered on the north by Montrose Avenue, on the south by Diversey Parkway, on the west by the Chicago River and on the east by Ravenswood Avenue; it includes the neighborhoods of Northcenter, Roscoe Village, St. Ben's, and Hamlin Park.
North Center was settled in the latter part of the 19th century and the early 20th century largely by Germans who worked in what is known as the industrial corridor along Ravenswood Avenue, and the large industrial plants along the Chicago River to the west.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official City of Chicago North Center Community Map
- Northcenter Neighborhood Association
- Northcenter Chamber of Commerce
- Roscoe Village Neighbors
- Encyclopedia of Chicago entry on North Center
- Lakeside Community Development Corporation
- Photographs of North Center by Jordan Bettis Archived 2005-05-07 at the Wayback Machine