|Classification and external resources|
A man picking his nose
Nose-picking is the act of sticking a finger into the nose and digging inside. It is a taboo subject in most countries. It is considered to be very gross and disgusting despite being a very common habit. Nose-picking can also cause nose bleeds. Some people also eat boogers, which can be even more disgusting. If someone is seen picking their nose, it can be very embarrassing.
Other websites[change | change source]
- BBC home: The Truth About Nose-picking
- Toddlers and Nose Picking
- Adams, Cecil (1982-08-20). "Can you die from picking your nose?". The Straight Dope. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- Ilori, Kemi (2007-06-19). "Nose Picking: The interesting and funny habit". The Daily Sun. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- "Man dies from picking his nose". The Daily Telegraph. 2008-12-05. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- (In fact) Nose-picking favorite occupation of the Dutch (March 2007) (in Dutch) Translated version
- Another article on same topic (August 2008) (in Dutch) Translated version
- For an elaborate spoof, see "Nose-picking in the Pongidae and Its Implication for Human Evolution", said to be from the American Journal of Nasal Anatomy, (1987)