|Colors||Maroon & Gold|
History[change | change source]
The university had a junior college, Obirin Junior College (桜美林大学短期大学部, Ōbirin Daigaku Tankidaigakubu), between 1950 and 2007. It originally had one academic department, which taught the English language and literature. A second department, Life sciences, was set up in 1955. The college began accepting male students in 1999. The Life sciences department stopped taking students in 1999. The junior college was closed in 2007.
Notable alumni[change | change source]
- Tokiko Ishida: Cheerleader
- Murasaki Kanda: Kōdan
- Yuka Kashino: Member of pop group Perfume.
- Mie Koyanagi: Journalist
- Isao Ogawa: Politician
- Ayano Ōmoto: Member of pop group Perfume.
- Iriko Seki: Journalist
- Azusa Takehana: Model
- Yinling: Japanese actor and singer
References[change | change source]
- J.F. Oberlin University, "President's Message" Archived 2012-04-27 at the Wayback Machine; retrieved 2012-3-19.
- J.F. Oberlin University, "Our Mission" Archived 2007-02-07 at the Wayback Machine; retrieved 2012-3-19.
- History of Obirin Junior College (Japanese); retrieved 2013-12-21.
- Refer to 2011 "ja:全国短期大学高等専門学校一覧" (Japanese), p. 263 「桜美林大学短期大学部」
Other websites[change | change source]