Omar M. Yaghi
Omar M. Yaghi (Arabic: عمر مونّس ياغي, born February 9, 1965) is a Jordanian-American chemist. He was born in Amman, Jordan. He is a Professor of Chemistry at the University of California, Berkeley. Yaghi is known for creating reticular chemistry, which is a new field of chemistry. It focuses on the stitching of molecular building blocks together by strong bonds to make open frameworks.
References[change | change source]
- " Omar Yaghi wins Albert Einstein World Award of Science ", Chemical & Engineering News, 10 July 2017. Retrieved on 12 March 2018.
- " Makoto Fujita and Omar Yaghi win Wolf Prize in Chemistry ", Chemical & Engineering News, 19 February 2018. Retrieved on 12 March 2018.
- " Spiers Memorial Lecture - Progress and prospects of reticular chemistry ", Royal Society of Chemistry, 18 August 2017. Retrieved on 12 March 2018.
- Omar M. Yaghi's biography
- Sezer, Yusuf (November 16, 2016). "TÜBA 2016 Akademi Ödülleri'ni kazananlar açıklandı" (in Turkish). ABC Haber. Retrieved June 1, 2017.
- " The 2018 Wolf Prize laureates have been announced ", Wolf Foundation, 12 February 2018. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
- Jerusalem Post - Wolf Prizes 2018