Omega is the last letter in the Greek alphabet. See that article for more uses of the upper case (Ω) or lower case (ω) letter as a symbol.
Omega could also mean:
Alphabet[change | change source]
- Omega (Cyrillic), the Cyrillic counterpart of Greek omega.
Mathematics[change | change source]
- Lambert W function, also known as the omega function.
- Omega constant, a specific value derived from Lambert's W function.
- Chaitin's constant, or Halting Probability, written as Ω.
Science[change | change source]
- Omega loop, a protein motif
- Omega-3 fatty acid
- Omega-6 fatty acid
- Omega-9 fatty acid
- Omega particle, a subatomic particle
- Omega, in sociobiology, the lowest rank in a dominance hierarchy
- In cosmology, the density parameter
Technology[change | change source]
- Omega (camera), a brand of cameras and enlargers
- OMEGA Navigation System, the first worldwide radio navigation system
- Omega SA, a Swiss watch company
- Omega (TeX), a Unicode extension of the TeX typesetting system
- Omega drivers, third-party drivers for ATI and nVidia graphics cards
Military[change | change source]
- OMEGA, a Latvian special operations unit
Philosophy[change | change source]
- Omega point, an idea in philosophy (eschatology) advanced by Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Places in the United States[change | change source]
- Omega, Georgia
- Omega, Oklahoma
- Omega D.C., a gay bar in Washington, D.C.
Automobiles[change | change source]
- Opel Omega, a car model by Opel/Vauxhall
- Oldsmobile Omega, another General Motors car, mechanically unrelated to the above
Fiction[change | change source]
- Omega (Doctor Who), a fictional character from the television series
- Omega (Doctor Who audio), a Big Finish Productions audio drama based on Doctor Who
- The Omega Directive, an episode of Star Trek: Voyager
- Omega Ranger, a character from Power Rangers: S.P.D.
- The Omega Man, a 1971 science fiction film
- Omega, an alias of O'Malley, a character in Red vs. Blue
- Omegamon and Omegamon X, the Japanese names for the Digimon characters, Omnimon, as well as his X-Antibody counterpart, Omnimon X
- Doctor Omega, a 1906 science fiction novel by Arnould Galopin
- Omega (novel), a science fiction novel by Jack McDevitt
- A character in the Maximum Ride series.
- The Omega Lock in Transformers Cybertron.
- Omega (film), a Greek thriller, directed by Vasilis Blioumis
Comic books[change | change source]
- Omega Red, a comic book supervillain in the Marvel Comics universe
- Omega-level mutant, the most powerful Marvel Comics mutants
- Omega (comics), a comic book villain from the Legion of Super-Heroes
- Omega Men, a DC Comics superhero group
- Omega the Unknown, a 1970s Marvel Comics series created by Steve Gerber
Video games[change | change source]
- Omega (1987 computer game), a Roguelike game
- Omega (1989 computer game), a game by Origin Systems
- Omega (Dead or Alive), the final boss of Dead or Alive 3
- Omega (Final Fantasy), a recurring boss in the Final Fantasy series
- E-123 Omega, a character in the Sonic the Hedgehog series
- Omega, one of the main antagonists and the final boss of Mega Man Zero 3
- Omega is the pseudonym used by Naoki Maeda for the song "MAX300" from DDRMAX: Dance Dance Revolution 6thMIX
Music[change | change source]
- (Omega) y su Mambo Violento, a Dominican musical group
- Omēga and the Mechanical Animals, a fictitious rock band portrayed by Marilyn Manson on their album Mechanical Animals
- Omega (band), a Hungarian rock band
- Omega No. 5, an album by Scaterd Few
- Omega (song), a song by Rebecca St. James
- Deathspell Omega, a French black metal band
- The Omega Rising, an album by Profundi, a Swedish black metal band
- Omega Recording Studios, a recording school and studio located outside of Washington D.C.
Other uses[change | change source]
- Omega (cider), a strong white cider
- Omega Psi Phi, African American fraternity and member of the National Pan-Hellenic Council
- Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts (OMEGA), a wrestling promotion owned by Matt and Jeff Hardy
- Omega Development Site, planned to be one of Europe's largest business parks, in Warrington, Cheshire
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Omega.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.