- Otitis externa, also called "swimmer's ear," affects the outer ear and ear canal.
- Otitis media affects the middle ear.
- Otitis interna affects the inner ear.
Symptons include ear wax, ear-ache and headaches. It often affects sinuses and throat also.
References[change | change source]
- "Evidence of Ear Infections Discovered in Remains of Humans Living in Levant 15,000 Years Ago" (Press release). American Friends of Tel Aviv University. May 26, 2020. Retrieved May 26, 2020.[permanent dead link]
- Katarina Floreanova; Efrat Gilat; Elan Koren; Hila May (May 25, 2020). "Ear infection prevalence in prehistoric and historic populations of the southern Levant: A new diagnostic method". International Journal of Osteoarchaeology. International Journal of Oseoarchaeology. 30 (4): 449–457. doi:10.1002/oa.2873. S2CID 216483121. Retrieved May 26, 2020.