Otto Pérez Molina
|Otto Pérez Molina|
|36th President of Guatemala|
14 January 2012 – 3 September 2015
Roxana Baldetti (2012-2015)|
Alejandro Maldonado Aguirre (2015)
|Preceded by||Álvaro Colom|
|Succeeded by||Alejandro Maldonado Aguirre (Acting)|
1 December 1950|
Guatemala City, Guatemala
|Political party||Patriotic Party|
School of the Americas|
Inter-American Defense College
|Years of service||1966–2000|
Otto Fernando Pérez Molina (born 1 December 1950) is a Guatemalan politician and retired military officer. He served as President of Guatemala from January 14, 2012 until his resignation on September 2, 2015.
Molina was born on 1 December 1950 in Guatemala City, Guatemala. He studied at School of the Americas and at the Inter-American Defense College. Molina has been married to Rosa Leal. They have two children.
References[change | change source]
- Otto Pérez Molina. elperiodico.com.gt (in Spanish)
- Malkin, Elisabeth; Ahmed, Azam (1 September 2015). "President Otto Pérez Molina Is Stripped of Immunity in Guatemala". The New York Times.
- "Guatemala President Resigns Amid Corruption Probe". Associated Press. The New York Times. 3 September 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Otto Pérez Molina at Wikimedia Commons
- Otto Pérez Molina: Patriotic Party profile
- Biography by CIDOB (in Spanish)
- US Government Glosses Over War Crime Accusations Against Leading Guatemalan Presidential Candidate
- Notorious Graduates (of the School of the Americas) from Guatemala
- Guatemalan Election Marred by Violence
- Guatemala: Six Months to Examine the Past and Define the Future
- Guatemala (1983 documentary): Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5