Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
|Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door|
|Release date(s)||JP July 22, 2004
NA October 11, 2004
EU November 12, 2004
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (or, as it is nicknamed, Paper Mario 2) is a Nintendo GameCube RPG (role-playing game) game developed by Nintendo in 2004. It won the IGN.com award for best RPG game of the year. It uses the setting of Nintendo's Mario games.
Plot[change | change source]
This game is about Princess Peach (Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom) who finds a map in an old town that is filled with crime. She mails the map she finds to Mario with a letter. Luigi reads it to Mario. He then sets off to this town called Rogueport. Mario then has to find the Crystal Stars (powerful star shaped stones; when all seven are collected the Thousand Year Door opens). There is a door deep in the sewers of Rogueport (the Thousand-Year Door) which will open if all the crystal stars are collected. It is said that a demon's spirit rests behind the door. The X-Nauts (a group of robot-like people that are trying to collect the crystal stars in order to awaken a demon to destroy the world) try to steal the crystal stars in order to awaken the evil demon and wipe out the planet so that they can become dictators of the world.
- The last boss of the game is the Shadow Queen who possesses (takes over) Princess Peach.
- Three shadows (The Shadow Sirens) are somehow related to the demon.
Reviews[change | change source]
The game got very good reviews.
References[change | change source]
- Kasavin, Greg (November 12, 2004). "Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door". GameSpot. https://web.archive.org/web/20071027141817/http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/rpg/papermario2/review.html. Retrieved October 25, 2014.
- Schneider, Peer (October 11, 2014). "Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door". IGN. http://uk.ign.com/articles/2004/10/12/paper-mario-2-the-thousand-year-door?page=3. Retrieved October 25, 2014.
- "Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door". Metacritic. http://www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/paper-mario-the-thousand-year-door. Retrieved October 25, 2014.