Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
|Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door|
Nintendo DS (Virtual Console)
Virtual Console (NDS)
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (or, as it is nicknamed, Paper Mario 2) is a Nintendo GameCube role-playing game released in 2004. It won the IGN.com award for best RPG game of the year. It uses the setting of Nintendo's Mario games.
Plot[change | change source]
Princess Peach finds a map in an old town filled with crime. Mario sets off to the town of Rogueport, where he finds the Crystal Stars. There is a door deep in the sewers of Rogueport (the Thousand-Year Door) which will open if all the crystal stars are collected. It is said that a demonic spirit rests behind the door. The X-Nauts (a group of robot-like people) try to steal all of the crystal stars in order to awaken an evil demon to wipe out the planet so that they can become dictators of the world.
- The last boss of the game is the Shadow Queen who possesses (takes over) Princess Peach.
- Three shadows (The Shadow Sirens) are somehow related to the demon.
Reviews[change | change source]
The game had good reviews.
References[change | change source]
- "Updated Australian Release List – 31/10/04". PALGN. October 31, 2004. Archived from the original on March 21, 2012. Retrieved August 9, 2009.
- "Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door". Metacritic. Retrieved October 25, 2014.
- Schneider, Peer (October 11, 2014). "Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door". IGN. Retrieved October 25, 2014.
- Kasavin, Greg (November 12, 2004). "Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door". GameSpot. Archived from the original on 2007-10-27. Retrieved October 25, 2014.