Paul Parlette Orndorff Jr. (October 29, 1949 – July 12, 2021) was an American professional wrestler. He was best known for his appearances with the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) and World Championship Wrestling (WCW). Orndorff was nicknamed Mr. Wonderful. He was born in Winchester, Virginia.
Orndorff was honored into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2009.
In May 2021, Orndorff was moved to a medical care center for dementia caused by chronic traumatic encephalopathy in Fayetteville, Georgia. He died two months later on July 12, 2021 at the age of 71.
References[change | change source]
- Caldwell, James (January 5, 2011). "Other News: 1980s WWF headliner Paul Orndorff reveals he has cancer; flashback to June 2010 interview on his physical condition". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved January 6, 2011.
- Meltzer, Dave (August 10, 2011). "Wed. update: World champ signing, Memphis makes Daily Show, Hogan, Edge, SummerSlam and UFC". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- Davis, Paul (2021-06-21). "Sad health update on WWE Hall Of Famer Paul Orndorff". Wrestling News. Retrieved 2021-06-22.
- Davis, Paul (2021-06-22). "Paul Orndorff's son says his father's dementia is a result of CTE, urges fans to share his video to raise awareness". Wrestling News. Retrieved 2021-06-22.
- "Travis Orndorff on Instagram". Instagram. Retrieved July 12, 2021.
- Lambert, Jeremy (July 12, 2021). "'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff Passes Away At Age 71". Fightful. Retrieved July 12, 2021.