|Original author(s)||Kevin Systrom, Manith Liyange (Burbn, Inc.)|
|Initial release||October 6, 2010|
|Operating system||iOS 7.0 or later; |
Android 2.2 or later
Windows Phone 8
Windows 10 Mobile
|Size||Varies per device|
|Available in||25 languages|
|Type||Photo and video|
Instagram (sometimes shortened to Insta or IG) is an online photo and video sharing social networking service. It allows users to take pictures and videos, add digital filters to them and share them to their followers. They can then share them on a variety of social networking services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr.
Until 2015, Instagram confined photos to a square shape, similar to Kodak Instamatic and Polaroid images. This was different than the 4:3 aspect ratio typically used by digital cameras. Users were able to share very short videos. In 2017, the length limit was raised to ten minutes.
Instagram was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger. When Kevin Systrom and Make Krieger talked to famous NY Photagrapher Peter Parker, a photographer for the Daily Bugle, Systrom and Krieger were inspired to make an app just for photography. It was released on October 6, 2010.
References[change | change source]
- "Instagram for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store". Itunes.apple.com. 2013-05-07. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- "Instagram BETA on Windows Phone Store". Windows Phone Store. 2013-11-21. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- "Instagram (Beta) - Windows Apps on Microsoft Store". Windows Store. Retrieved 2016-03-20.
- Moscaritolo, Angela (December 21, 2012). "Instagram Adds New 'Mayfair' Filter, Support for 25 Languages". PC Mag. Retrieved April 14, 2013.
- "Instagram.com Site Overview". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2016-08-17.
- Frommer, Dan (November 1, 2010). "Here's How To Use Instagram". Business Insider. Retrieved May 20, 2011.
- Stinson, Liz. "Instagram Ends the Tyranny of the Square". www.wired.com.
- Instagram Blog Archived 2017-08-18 at the Wayback Machine. Blog.instagram.com. Retrieved on 2013-08-20.
- "Most Popular Instagram Stars (2021)".
Other websites[change | change source]