|Original author(s)||Kevin Systrom, Mike Krieger (Burbn, Inc.)|
|Initial release||October 6, 2010|
|Operating system||iOS 7.0 or later;
Android 2.2 or later
Windows Phone 8
Windows 10 Mobile
|Size||Varies per device|
|Available in||25 languages|
|Type||Photo and video|
|Alexa rank||16 (September 2016[update])|
Instagram is an online photo and video sharing social networking service. It allows users to take pictures and videos, apply digital filters to them and share them to their followers. They can then share them on a variety of social networking services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Flickr. A feature is that it confines photos to a square shape, similar to Kodak Instamatic and Polaroid images. This is different than the 16:9 aspect ratio typically used by digital cameras. Users are also able to record and share short videos lasting for up to 60 seconds.
References[change | change source]
- "Instagram for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store". Itunes.apple.com. 2013-05-07. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- "Instagram BETA on Windows Phone Store". Windows Phone Store. 2013-11-21. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- "Instagram (Beta) - Windows Apps on Microsoft Store". Windows Store. Retrieved 2016-03-20.
- Moscaritolo, Angela (December 21, 2012). "Instagram Adds New 'Mayfair' Filter, Support for 25 Languages". PC Mag. https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2413502,00.asp. Retrieved April 14, 2013.
- "Instagram.com Site Overview". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2016-08-17.
- Frommer, Dan (November 1, 2010). "Here's How To Use Instagram". Business Insider. Retrieved May 20, 2011.
- Instagram Blog. Blog.instagram.com. Retrieved on 2013-08-20.