|Industry||social network service, micro-blogging|
Number of employees
Tumblr is a blogging site that began in New York City in 2007. David Karp and Marco Arment began it. The site allows users to post text, images, videos, links, quotes and audio to a short-form blog, called a tumbleblog. Users can follow other users, or choose to make their tumblelog private. Tumblr focuses on being easy to use. The site has about 91.7 million posts a day and gains about 15,000 new users on a day on average. In 2013, Yahoo bought Tumblr for $1.1 billion. After the sale to Yahoo, David Karp remained as CEO.
It is the 25th most popular website in the world.
References[change | change source]
- "Press Information - Tumblr". www.tumblr.com.
- Boutin, Paul (2009-03-13). "Tumblr Makes Blogging Blissfully Easy". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-03-26.
- Padmanabhan, Geeta (4 September 2013). "Yahoo buys a brimming Tumblr". The Hindu – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Tumblr.com Traffic, Demographics and Competitors - Alexa". www.alexa.com.
- "Beyoncé - I Am". iam.beyonce.com.
- Evans, Meredith (2013-07-25). "Lady Gaga". Oxford Music Online. Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/gmo/9781561592630.article.a2242033.
Other websites[change | change source]