Pavel Kohout (born July 20, 1928 in Prague) is a Czech and Austrian novelist, playwright, and poet. He was a member of the Communist Party of Czechoslovakia. He was a Prague Spring exponent and dissident in the 1970s until he was expelled to Austria. He was a founding member of the Charter 77 movement.
Decorations and awards[change | change source]
- 1969 Franz Theodor Csokor Award
- 1977 Austrian State Prize for European Literature
- 1997 Das Glas der Vernunft (The Glass of Reason) (Kassel Citizenship Award)
- 1999 Austrian Cross of Honour for Science and Art, 1st class
- 2002 Cross of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 2004 Honorary Medal of the Austrian capital Vienna in gold
References[change | change source]
- "Reply to a parliamentary question" (pdf) (in German). p. 1176. Retrieved 21 January 2013.