|Created by||John Callahan|
|Directed by||Charles E. Bastien|
Sean V. Jefrrey
Ellen Ray Hennessy
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||29|
|No. of episodes||265|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Distributor||ViacomCBS Domestic Media Networks (United States)|
Nelvana Enterprises, Inc. (International/Worldwide)
|Original network||TVO/CBC/Knowledge Network (Canada)|
Nickelodeon/Nicktoons/Qubo (United States)
|Audio format||Dolby Surround|
|Original release||September 7, 2000 –|
November 16, 2017
John Callahan's Pelswick (or simply Pelswick) is a Canadian - Chinese (Taiwan) animated Childrens television series. It is co-produced by Nelvana and Suzhou Hong Ying Animation Corporation Limited. The title character uses a wheelchair but the series shows that he lived a normal life. The series was based on the books by John Callahan. The series was positive and life-affirming.
The books the series were based on were not written for Adults. To make the series suitable for children , changes had to be made to the dark humor in the books.
Broadcast[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "'Pelswick': Wry, Funny and Irreverently Spirited". Los Angeles Times. 2012-01-21. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- Rosenberg, Howard (2000-10-20). "Soaring Spirit Behind 'Pelswick,' an Animated Quadriplegic". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- Perlmutter, David (2018). The Encyclopedia of American Animated Television Shows. Rowman & Littlefield. pp. 448–449. ISBN 978-1538103739.
- Schultz, Paul (2000-10-22). "There's Humor From Where He Sits". New York Daily News. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "Nickelodeon | Kids Games, Kids Celebrity Video, Kids Shows" (in Dutch). Nick.com. 2012-10-16. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- Erickson, Hal (2005). Television Cartoon Shows: An Illustrated Encyclopedia, 1949 Through 2003 (2nd ed.). McFarland & Co. pp. 606–607. ISBN 978-1476665993.