Jump to navigation Jump to search
Peter Seiichi Shirayanagi
|Cardinal, Archbishop of Tokyo|
|See||Archdiocese of Tokyo|
|Predecessor||Peter Tatsuo Doi|
|Successor||Peter Takeo Okada|
|Born||17 June 1928|
|Died||30 December 2009|
|Coat of arms|
Peter Seiichi Shirayanagi (白柳 誠一, Shirayanagi Seiichi, 17 June 1928 - 30 December 2009) was a Japanese priest of the Roman Catholic Church. He was a Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church and Archbishop of Tokyo.
Early life[change | change source]
Priest[change | change source]
Bishop[change | change source]
Cardinal[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Cazzaniga, Pino. "The spiritual legacy of Card. Peter Shirayanagi" at AsiaNews.it, 7 January 2010; retrieved 2013-3-19.
- "Shirayanagi Card. Peter Seiichi" at Vatacan.va; 30 December 2009; retrieved 2013-3-19.
- "Curriculum Vitae of Cardinal Peter Shirayanagi" at Catholic.org.hk; retrieved 2013-3-19.
- "Japanese inherited war responsibilities,"[permanent dead link] Catholic Herald (UK). 28 July 1995; retrieved 2013-3-18.
- "Cardinal Peter Seichi SHIRAYANAGI dies at 81" a Tokyo.catholic.jp Archived 2013-09-21 at the Wayback Machine; retrieved 2013-3-19.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Shirayanagi, Peter Seiichi Archived 2014-01-04 at the Wayback Machine
- Catholic-Hierarchy, Peter Seiichi Cardinal Shirayanagi
- http://www.tokyo.catholic.jp/eng_frame.html Archived 2014-03-13 at the Wayback Machine; (in Japanese)
Peter Tatsuo Doi
| Archbishop of Tokyo
Peter Takeo Okada