Pharrell Williams performing with N.E.R.D. in Pori Jazz 2010.
|Born||Pharrell Lanscilo Williams
April 5, 1973
Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S.
|Net worth||$150 million|
|Spouse(s)||Helen Lasichanh (m. 2013)|
|Origin||Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States|
Pharrell Lanscilo Williams (born April 5, 1973), commonly known simply as Pharrell, is an American rapper, singer, record producer, composer, and fashion designer. Williams and Chad Hugo make up The Neptunes. They produce hip hop and R&B music. He is also the lead singer and drummer of hip-hop band N.E.R.D. He formed the band with Hugo and childhood friend Shay Haley. He released his first single "Frontin'" in 2003. His first album In My Mind was released in 2006.
As part of The Neptunes, Williams has produced many singles for various musicians. These artists include Jay-Z, Backstreet Boys, Blackstreet, Ludacris, Rage Against the Machine, Britney Spears, Busta Rhymes, Garbage, Mary J. Blige, and Usher. The two have earned three Grammy Awards in ten nominations. He is also the co-founder of the clothing brands Billionaire Boys Club and Ice Cream Clothing. He is a member of the supergroup V.A. Playaz with Fam-Lay, Clipse, Skillz, Missy Elliott, and Timbaland & Magoo.
Williams became more well-known worldwide during 2013 and 2014, when he was featured on Robin Thicke's single "Blurred Lines" with T.I. (which he produced) and released his own single, "Happy", for the movie Despicable Me 2. Both songs reached number one in several countries around the world, including the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. He was also featured on Daft Punk's single "Get Lucky", another international chart-topper.
Grammy Awards[change | change source]
Pharrell has won 11 Grammy Awards from 20 nominations.
|2004||The Neptunes||Producer of the Year, Non-Classical||Won|
|Justified||Best Pop Vocal Album||Won||Producer|
|"Frontin'"||Best Rap/Sung Collaboration||Nominated|
|Best Rap Song||Nominated|
|"Excuse Me Miss"||Nominated|
|In My Mind||Best Rap Album||Nominated|
|2014||Pharrell||Producer of the Year, Non-Classical||Won|
|"Blurred Lines"||Best Pop Duo/Group Performance||Nominated|
|Record of the Year||Won|
|Random Access Memories||Album of the Year||Won||Featured artist|
|Best Dance/Electronica Album||Won|
|Blurred Lines||Best Pop Vocal Album||Nominated||Featured artist
|2015||"Happy (Live)"||Best Pop Solo Performance||Won|
|"Happy"||Best Music Video||Won|
|Girl||Best Urban Contemporary Album||Won|
|Album of the Year||Nominated|
Personal life[change | change source]
Pharrell has two younger brothers.
Williams and model Helen Lasichanh had a son, Rocket Ayer Williams, who was born in 2008. The couple married in 2013.
In 2017, it was revealed that Lasichanh gave birth to their triplets.
Discography[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Pharrell Williams — Ethnicity of Celebs | What Nationality Ancestry Race" (in en-US). ethnicelebs.com. http://ethnicelebs.com/pharrell-williams. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "BBC". http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/149f91ef-1287-46da-9a8e-87fee02f1471. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- "LA Times". http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-nerd-01jun01,0,7745056.story. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- "Past Winners Search". GRAMMY.com. https://www.grammy.com/nominees/search. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "Pharrell Williams" (in en-us). Biography. http://www.biography.com/people/pharrell-williams. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- Brucculieri, Julia (2017-01-31). "Pharrell Williams And Wife Helen Lasichanh Welcome Triplets" (in en-US). Huffington Post. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/pharrell-williams-helen-lasichanh-triplets_us_5890aa9ce4b0522c7d3d1403.