Philip David Charles "Phil" Collins (born 30 January 1951) is a British drummer, songwriter, actor and singer. He was born in Chiswick, Hounslow, Middlesex. He was the drummer and singer of the band Genesis. He is very well known for his career away from the band, as a solo artist. His most well known album is No Jacket Required, which has sold over ten million copies in the United States. One of his most well known songs is "In the Air Tonight", which had a long running false rumour that it was about a drowning that Collins had witnessed. Collins starred in the movie Buster (1988). His daughter Lily Collins is a famous actress.
Discography[change | change source]
Solo albums[change | change source]
- Face Value (1981)
- Hello, I Must Be Going! (1982)
- No Jacket Required (1985)
- ...But Seriously (1989)
- Both Sides (1993)
- Dance into the Light (1996)
- Testify (2002)
- Going Back (2010)
References[change | change source]
- GRO Register of Births MAR 1951 5e 137 EALING – Philip D. C. Collins, mmn = Strange
- "Not one more night: Singer Phil Collins announces his retirement". Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "Collins, Phil 1951–." Contemporary Theatre, Film and Television. 2005. Encyclopedia.com. 26 Dec. 2014 <http://www.encyclopedia.com>.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Phil Collins.|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Phil Collins|