Philip Ballantyne Kerr (22 February 1956 – 23 March 2018) was a British novelist. He was born in Edinburgh, Scotland. Kerr wrote for The Sunday Times, the Evening Standard, and the New Statesman. He was married to fellow novelist Jane Thynne.
Kerr was known for the Bernie Gunther series of historical thrillers set in Germany and elsewhere during the 1930s, the Second World War and the Cold War. He also wrote children's books under the name P. B. Kerr, including the Children of the Lamp series.
References[change | change source]
- "Philip Kerr". International Science Fiction Database.
- The International Who's Who 2004. Europa Publications. p. 875.
- "Philip Kerr". Wavesound. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- Philip Kerr, author of Bernie Gunther novels, dies aged 62
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official P. B. Kerr website
- Bernie Gunther fansite
- Interview in Shotsmag Ezine 2011
- Interview with Philip Kerr about Kerr's relationship with Berlin.