Piers Morgan speaking at CES on 6 January 2011
Piers Stefan O'Meara
30 March 1965
(m. 1991-2008, divorced)
Celia Walden (m. 2010-present)
|Parent(s)||Vincent O'Meara (deceased)|
Piers Stefan Pughe-Morgan (born 30 March 1965 in Guildford, Surrey, England) is a British journalist and television personality. Morgan wrote for the News of the World from 1994 to 1995 and Daily Mirror from 1995 to 2004. He also is known as a judge on the show America's Got Talent and was also the winner of The Celebrity Apprentice. On 17 January 2011, he started a show called Piers Morgan Live on the Cable News Network and the show took over the timeslot that was previously taken by Larry King Live before Larry King retired. Piers Morgan was fired by CNN President Jeff Zucker in 2014. Piers Morgan's show was cancelled by CNN and the final episode appeared March 28, 2014. A major focus of his program was support for liberal causes, particularly restrictions on gun ownership. He had a feud with his predecessor Larry King. 
References[change | change source]
- Piers' Two Truths and a Lie. NBC.
- Nudd, Tim. "Piers Morgan Leaving America's Got Talent – America's Got Talent, TV News, Piers Morgan". People.com.
- "Relative unknown wins 'Celebrity Apprentice' - Entertainment - TODAY.com". Today.msnbc.msn.com. 28 March 2008.
- Piers Morgan is Larry King's CNN replacement MSNBC, 8 September 2010
- NPR News Piers Morgan Shown the Door While CNN Weighs its Next Step https://www.npr.org/2014/02/24/282123671/piers-morgan-shown-the-door-while-cnn-weighs-its-next-step
- Piers Morgan CNN Show End Date TV Guide http://www.tvguide.com/news/piers-morgan-cnn-show-end-date-1079344/?rss=breakingnews&partnerid=huffposttv&profileid=breaking
- Transcript of the Final episode of Piers Morgan's program http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1403/28/pmt.01.html
- "Will Not Even Liberals Mourn Piers Morgan's Departure From CNN?". www.thenewamerican.com.
- The Piers Morgan Larry King Feud Continues by Catherine Taibi The Huffington Post http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/01/piers-morgan-larry-king-cnn-twitter_n_5642510.html