|Directed by||Kathryn Bigelow|
|Screenplay by||W. Peter Iliff|
|Story by||W. Peter Iliff|
|Produced by||Peter Abrams|
Robert L. Levy
John C. McGinley
|Edited by||Howard L. Smith|
|Music by||Mark Isham|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
|July 12, 1991|
|Box office||$83.5 million|
In the movie, a gang of robbers called the "Ex-Presidents" wear face-masks of former Presidents of the United States (Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon, Lyndon B. Johnson, and Jimmy Carter) to hide their true identities.
The movie got mixed and positive reviews from critics. It has a 68% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Movie critic Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times gave the film three-and-a-half stars out of four. In his review, he wrote that "Bigelow is an interesting director for this material. She is interested in the ways her characters live dangerously for philosophical reasons. They aren't men of action, but men of thought who choose action as a way of expressing their beliefs."
Cast[change | change source]
- Patrick Swayze as Bodhi
- Keanu Reeves as FBI Agent Johnny Utah
- Gary Busey as FBI Agent Angelo Pappas
- Lori Petty as Tyler Endicott
- John C. McGinley as FBI Agent Ben Harp
- James LeGros as Roach
- John Philbin as Nathaniel
- Bojesse Christopher as Grommet
- Lee Tergesen as Rosie
- Julian Reyes as FBI Agent Alvarez
- Daniel Beer as FBI Agent Babbit
- Vincent Klyn as Lupton "Warchild" Pittman
- Chris Pedersen as Bunker Weiss
- Dave Olson as Archbold
- Anthony Kiedis as Tone
- Christopher Pettiet as 15
- Sydney Walsh as Miss Deer
- Peter Phelps as Australian surfer
- Tom Sizemore as DEA Agent Dietz (uncredited)
References[change | change source]
- "Point Break". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- "Point Break (1991)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- "Cape Fear Movie Review & Film Summary (1991)". RogerEbert.com. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- "China's 'Point Break' World Premiere Marks Shifting Release Patterns". The Hollywood Reporter. December 2015. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Point Break|