PragerU, short for Prager University, is a website that promotes conservative ideas using short educational videos. However, it is not a university and does not claim to be. Dennis Prager and Allen Estrin started this website in 2009. Prager appears in some of the videos himself. PragerU is suing YouTube for restricting 99 of its videos. But, PragerU has already lost several lawsuits against YouTube. Prager University got more views after a comedian named Samantha Bee said that it was "ːdangerous".[source?]
Sources[change | change source]
- Bowles, Nellie (2020-01-04). "Right-Wing Views for Generation Z, Five Minutes at a Time". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-01-05.
- Molloy, Parker. "PragerU relies on a veneer of respectability to obscure its propagandist mission". Media Matters for America. Retrieved 2019-12-28.
- Rogers, James (24 October 2019). "PragerU takes aim at YouTube, sends truck to blast 'censored' videos outside company's HQ". Fox News.
- "PragerU's Lawsuit Against Google Seeks To Rewrite the First Amendment". reason.com. 2 September 2019. Retrieved 22 November 2019.
- "No One's Happy With YouTube's Content Moderation Policies". Retrieved 22 November 2019 – via www.wired.com.
- Mon, Nov 4th 2019 12:10pm-Mike Masnick. "Prager University Loses Another Of Its Silly Lawsuits Against YouTube Over Non-Existent 'Bias'". Techdirt. Retrieved 2019-12-28.
Other websites[change | change source]