|Directed by||John McTiernan|
|Produced by||Lawrence Gordon|
|Written by||Jim Thomas |
|Starring||Arnold Schwarzenegger |
Kevin Peter Hall
|Music by||Alan Silvestri|
|Edited by||Mark Helfrich |
John F. Link
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
|June 12, 1987|
Predator is a 1987 American science fiction horror/action movie. It was directed by John McTiernan. The movie stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Carl Weathers, Jesse Ventura, and Kevin Peter Hall. It was distributed by 20th Century Fox. The story follows a special forces team, led by 'Dutch' (Arnold Schwarzenegger). They are on a mission to rescue hostages in Central America. The group does not know that they are being hunted by a technologically advanced alien, the Predator. Predator was written by Jim and John Thomas in 1985. Filming began in April 1986.
The movie cost about $15 million to make. It was released in the United States on June 12, 1987. Predator made $98,267,558 at the box office. At first, the reviews to Predator were negative. Much of this was because of a weak plot. Two sequels, Predator 2 (1990) and Predators (2010) were made. There have also been two movies with the Alien franchise. These are Alien vs. Predator (2004) and Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007).
Release Dates[change | change source]
|United States||12 June 1987|
|Argentina||18 June 1987|
|Japan||27 June 1987|
|Philippines||1 July 1987|
|South Korea||17 July 1987|
|Brazil||30 July 1987|
|Hong Kong||30 July 1987|
|Taiwan||8 August 1987|
|France||19 August 1987|
|Australia||20 August 1987|
|Spain||20 August 1987|
|Italy||22 August 1987|
|Netherlands||27 August 1987|
|West Germany||27 August 1987|
|Austria||28 August 1987|
|Portugal||11 September 1987|
|Iceland||13 October 1987|
|Finland||16 October 1987|
|Vietnam||20 October 1987|
|Sweden||23 October 1987|
|Denmark||20 November 1987|
|Peru||24 December 1987|
|Uruguay||25 December 1987|
|Norway||26 December 1987|
|United Kingdom||1 January 1988|
|Ireland||15 January 1988|
|Hungary||31 May 1990|
|Czechoslovakia||11 July 1991|
Cast[change | change source]
- Arnold Schwarzenegger as Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer.
- Carl Weathers as George Dillon, a former teammate of Dutch and a CIA agent.
- Elpidia Carrillo as Anna, a guerrilla, captured by Dutch's troops.
- Richard Chaves as Jorge "Poncho" Ramirez.
- Jesse Ventura as Blain Cooper, who fought with Mac in the Vietnam War.
- Bill Duke as Mac Eliot, a close friend of Blain's.
- Sonny Landham as Billy Sole, a Native American tracker.
- Shane Black as Rick Hawkins, the team's radio operator.
- R. G. Armstrong as Major General Homer Phillips, the coordinator of the mission.
- Kevin Peter Hall as The Predator. Hall also plays the end scene helicopter pilot. Peter Cullen did the voice of the Predator.
Box office[change | change source]
Predator was #1 at the US box office in its opening weekend with a gross of $12 million. Only Beverly Hills Cop II made more money in 1987. The movie earned a total of $98,267,558. Of this, $59,735,548 was from the US & Canadian box office. $38,532,010 was made overseas.
References[change | change source]
- "Prime Directive: An Exclusive Interview with Peter Cullen". The Digital Fix. 2006-08-18. Retrieved 2010-08-07.
- "1987 Domestic Grosses". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2008-01-30.
- "Predator (1987)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2008-01-30.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Predator (movie)|