|Single by Slipknot|
|from the album All Hope Is Gone|
|B-side||"All Hope Is Gone"|
|Released||July 7, 2008|
|Recorded||February 2008(at Sound Farm, in Jamaica, Iowa)– June 2008|
|Slipknot singles chronology|
Music video[change | change source]
The music video for "Psychosocial" was shot at Sound Farm studios in Jamaica, Iowa on June 30, 2008. The shoot was delayed due to an unrelated head injury sustained by turntablist Sid Wilson before the shoot, who was subsequently hospitalized. On July 18, 2008 the video premiered on MTV's FNMTV show, hosted by Pete Wentz. The video, which was directed by Paul Brown, was shot using high-end cameras which shoot 1,000 frames per second and are contrasted with traditional 35 mm hand crank camera equipment. Percussionist Shawn Crahan explains; "we have the most extreme on both ends, with nothing in the middle. That's what the video is, and nobody does that. There's an art form behind it."
During an interview with Kerrang!, guitarist James Root revealed that the video features the burning of the purgatory masks adorned by the band members in the splash teaser photos shown on Slipknot's website, reportedly because the masks represent the band's ego.
The are two versions of the video. One uses the album version of the song, whilst the other uses a much shorter version of the song; excluding the "Limit of the Dead!" lines. This song was nominated to best rock video at the VMA´s 2008.
Personnel[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Grierson, Tim. "Top 10 Essential Alt-Metal Songs". About.com. Archived from the original on March 3, 2016. Retrieved December 26, 2018.
- Harris, Chris (2008-07-17). "Slipknot's Clown On 'Psychosocial' Video: 'Our Goal Has Always Been To Infect'". MTV. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "Slipknot DJ injured!". Kerrang!. 2008-07-01. Archived from the original on 2008-07-03. Retrieved 2008-07-01.
- "And the Slipknot news keeps coming". Roadrunner Records. 2008-07-02. Archived from the original on 2016-08-08. Retrieved 2008-07-02.
- "Slipknot shoot new video for Psychosocial". Kerrang!. Emap. 2008-07-12. p. 08.
- Slipknot video interview!. Kerrang!. Archived from the original on 2008-07-03. Retrieved 2008-09-19. 2008-07-01
- Slipknot - Psychosocial (Album Edit Video)