- Quraish is also the name of a Sura in the Qur'an.
Quraysh or Quraish was the dominant tribe of Mecca upon the appearance of the religion of Islam.
It was the tribe to which the Islamic Prophet Muhammad belonged and which led the opposition to his message. Not very much of this tribe followed Islam.
- ↑ Arabic: قريش (Qurayš). Other transliterations include "Quresh", "Quraysh", "Koreish" and "Coreish". Turkish: Kureyş. Albanian: Korreshi)
- Sir William Muir: Life of Mohamet, 1894
- Thomas Patrick Hughes (ed.): A Dictionary of Islam, 1885
- Benjamin Walker. Foundations of Islam
- Karen Armstrong: Muhammad
- M. M. Sharif : A History of Muslim Philosophy
- Edward William Lane (ed.): Selections from The Quran, 1890
- Naseem Sadiqui: Muhammad: The Benefactor of Mankind, 1994
- A. Guillaume: Life of Muhammad (Translation of Ibn Ishaq's Sirat), 2004