|Birth name||Richard Philip Henry John Benson|
|Born||10 March 1955|
Woking, Surrey, United Kingdom
|Died||10 May 2022 (aged 67)|
Richard Philip Henry John Benson, known as Richard Benson (10 March 1955 – 10 May 2022) was an English–Italian guitarist.
Career[change | change source]
In 1983, Benson released his first LP, Animal Zoo. In 1984, he released the LP Renegade. In 1987 he was included on the compilation album, Metal Attack (RCA Italy – Talent).
In 1992, Benson played himself in Carlo Verdone's movie Maledetto il giorno che t'ho incontrato. In the second half of the 1990s he gave concerts in Rome. In 1999, he released his first CD, Madre Tortura.
Benson has then appeared in Italian national broadcast television as a music critic (Rai 2), together with Max Giusti. His work in the show was comical instead of serious. He played a sort of parody of his own character. In June 2013, he created an online television channel, "RichardBensonTV". He hosts a show there about heavy metal music. RichardBensonTv closed after just over a year.
In 2015 he released his second CD, L'inferno dei vivi.
Discography[change | change source]
- 1990: Buon Vecchio Charlie (recorded in 1971)
- 1983: Animal Zoo (single)
- 1984: Renegade (single)
- 1999: Madre Tortura
- 2015: L'inferno dei vivi
References[change | change source]
- "Richard Benson". BBC. Retrieved 19 January 2015.[permanent dead link]
- (in Italian) Infos at stampamusicale.altervista.org
- (in Italian) Richard Benson torna nei negozi con "L'inferno dei vivi, Panorama, 18 March 2015.
- Roma, Richard Benson è malato: "Sono rimasto senza un soldo, aiutatemi", Repubblica.it
- "Morto Richard Benson, il musicista aveva 67 anni". Fanpage.it. 10 May 2022.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Richard Benson.|