February 29, 1960
|Died||June 7, 2013 (aged 53)|
|Cause of death||Lymphoma, liver failure|
|Other names||Richard Ramirez|
Ricardo Leyva Muñoz Ramirez, known as Richard Ramirez (February 29, 1960 – June 7, 2013) was an American serial killer, and burglar who died while awaiting execution on California's death row. He killed 13 people, tried to kill 5 people,and burglarized 14 buildings. He was captured on August 31, 1985.
Ramirez was born on February 29, 1960 in El Paso, Texas. He was raised in Los Angeles, California. In 1996, Ramirez married Doreen Lioy when he was in prison. Ramirez died of lymphoma at Marin General Hospital in Greenbrae, California on the morning of June 7, 2013. He was 53 years old. At the time of his death, Ramirez had been on death row for more than 23 years, awaiting execution by the state of California.
References[change | change source]
- Peter Fimrite (20 November 2005). "INSIDE DEATH ROW". San Francisco Chronicle. Hearst Communications Inc. Retrieved 22 May 2012.
- "RICHARD RAMIREZ". LostVault.com Penpals. Vault Systems. Archived from the original on 13 July 2011. Retrieved 22 May 2012.
- Deutsch, Linda; Don Thompson (7 July 2013). "Calif. serial killer Richard Ramirez dies". The Big Story. The Associated Press. Retrieved 2013-06-07.
- Lloyd, Jonathan (7 June 2013). ""Night Stalker" Richard Ramirez Dies". 4 NBC Southern California. Retrieved 2013-06-07.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Crime Library: The Night Stalker
- History Channel: Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker Archived 2009-06-09 at the Wayback Machine
- Richard Ramirez' Pen Pal Ad on LostVault Archived 2011-07-13 at the Wayback Machine
- Manhunt: Search for the Night Stalker on IMDb, a 1989 TV movie
- About.com Entry on Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker Archived 2013-05-20 at the Wayback Machine
- TruTv entry on Ramirez