Moody in 1975
|Born||8 January 1924|
|Died||June 11, 2015(aged 91)|
|Occupation||Actor, Composer, Singer, Writer|
Ron Moody (born Ronald Moodnick; 8 January 1924 – 11 June 2015) was a British actor, composer, singer and writer. He was known for his roles in Murder Most Foul (1964), Summer Holiday (1963), Oliver! (1968), and in The Twelve Chairs (1970). He won a Golden Globe Award for his role in Oliver! in 1968.
Biography[change | change source]
Moody was born on 8 January 1924 in Tottenham, London, England. He was raised in Hornsey, England. Moody studied at Southgate County School and at London School of Economics. His father was of Russian Jewish descent and his mother was a Lithuanian Jew. Moody married Therese Blackbourn in 1985. They had six children.
Moody died in hospital on 11 June 2015, aged 91.
References[change | change source]
- The Times 8 January 2010, Retrieved 2010-01-09
- "Ron Moody Biography (1924-)". Filmreference.com. 1924-01-08. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "My London". The Londoner. Mayor of London. August 2005. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-06-18.
Are you a London boy originally? Yes. I was born in Tottenham. Then we moved to Hornsey, which was not that far away, but was a few steps up the social ladder.Cite has empty unknown parameter:
- Membery, York (18 February 2011). "Ron Moody: 'I very nearly became an accountant'". Daily Mail. London.
- "''Los Angeles Atimes'' report on Moody (cache)". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. 1973-04-29. Retrieved 2013-05-26.
- Fagin is dead! Oscar-nominated Oliver! actor Ron Moody dies aged 91
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ron Moody.|