Rotor (part) may mean:
- Helicopter rotor, the rotary wing(s) of a rotorcraft such as a helicopter
- Rotor (electric), the non-stationary part of an alternator or electric motor, operating with a stationary element called the stator.
- ROTOR, a former radar project in the UK following the Second World War
- Rotor (turbine), the rotor of a turbine powered by fluid pressure
- Rotor (brake), the disc of a disc brake, in U.S. terminology
- Rotor (distributor), a component of the ignition system of an internal combustion engine
- Rotor (engine), the rotary piston in a rotary combustion engine
- Rotor (antenna), an electric motor that rotates an antenna to the direction of transmission or reception
- Rotor (magazine), a US magazine covering the civil helicopter industry
- Rotor machine, the rotating wheels used in certain cipher machines, such as the German Enigma machine
- Rotor (software project), the former code name for Microsoft's shared source implementation of its Common Language Infrastructure
- Rotor (band), a German progressive stoner rock band
- Rotor Plus (sometimes known as Rotor), an experimental electronica band from New Zealand
In other fields:
- SC Rotor Volgograd, a Russian football club
- Rotor (Sonic the Hedgehog), a fictional character from the Sonic the Hedgehog universe
- Rotor (ride), the trade name for an amusement ride
- Rotor (meteorology), a turbulent horizontal vortex that forms in the trough of lee waves
- Rotor (mathematics), an n-blade object in geometric algebra, which rotates another n-blade object about a fixed or translated point
- Rotor (planet), a planet in Isaac Asimov's book Nemesis
- Rotor (game), a game written for the Commodore Amiga computer
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.