Royal United Services Institute
|Founder||Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington|
|Type||International security defence think tank|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|HRH the Duke of Kent|
It was founded in 1831 by the Duke of Wellington. RUSI describes itself as "the leading forum in the UK for national and international Defence and Security". It won Prospect Magazine's Think Tank of the Year Award 2008. In 2009, the same magazine named RUSI "Foreign Policy Think Tank of the Year". In 2011 RUSI celebrated its 180th Anniversary.
RUSI's Director is Michael Clarke and its President is HRH the Duke of Kent.
References[change | change source]
- officially still known by its old name, the Royal United Services Institution
- O'Connor, Damian P 2011. Between peace and war: British defence and the Royal United Services Institute, 1831-2010. RUSI.
- Fitzgerald, Mary. "And the Prospect 2008 Think Tank of the Year is..."
- Crabtree, James. "Prospect Think Tank of the Year: The Winners".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-02-15. Retrieved 2013-11-08.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)