Seismic retrofitting is the modification of buildings that already exist to make them resistant to earthquakes. Seismic retrofitting techniques can be applied to other kinds of natural disasters such as tornadoes and strong winds from thunderstorms.
Seismic retrofit performance objectives[change | change source]
Main levels of retrofitted building structure performance  objectives may vary, namely:
- To protect human lives.
- To protect a structure from total failure.
- To preserve a structure's functionality after a strong earthquake.
- To make a structure, practically, unaffected by any earthquake.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Earthquake-Resistant Construction". Archived from the original on 2012-09-15. Retrieved 2010-03-26.
- ↑ Earthquake Performance Evaluation Tool Online (EPETO)[permanent dead link]