|• Total||11.86 km2 (4.58 sq mi)|
|Elevation||16 m (52 ft)|
|• Density||49,000/km2 (130,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
7122xx [712201 to 712208 & 712223(City Proper)]
|Distance||24 km (15 mi) to Kolkata|
Serampore (Bengali: শ্রীরামপুর) (also called Serampur, Srirampur, Srirampore, Shreerampur, Shreerampore, Shrirampur, Shrirampore) is a city and a municipality in Hooghly district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is a part of the area covered by Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority. It is a town on the right bank of the Hoogly River.
Demographics[change | change source]
In the 2011 census,the population of Serampore was of 183,339 personas, of which 94,514 (52%) were male and 88,825 (%) were female; 12,817 (7%) were under 6 years of age. Those that could read and write were 153,460 (8%): 81,592 men (86% of men) and 71,868 women (81% of women).
Universities[change | change source]
- Serampore College Archived 2016-09-19 at the Wayback Machine
- Serampore Textile Engineering College
- Suro Bharati Sangeet Kala Kendra (All India Board of music and fine arts Education)
- Serampore Girls' College
References[change | change source]
- Government of West Bengal. "JNNURM, Serampore Municipality". Archived from the original on 2013-05-27. Retrieved 2013-03-11.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Shrirampur, India Page". Retrieved 2013-03-11.
- Census of India. "Census of India; Provisional Population Totals Paper 2 of 2011 : India (Vol II), Cities having population 1 lakh and above" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-03-11.
- India Post. "Pincode search - Serampore". Retrieved 2013-03-11.[permanent dead link]
Other websites[change | change source]