|3rd President of Turkmenistan|
|Assumed office |
19 March 2022
|Vice President||Raşit Meredow|
|Preceded by||Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow|
|Governor of Ahal|
17 June 2019 – 7 February 2020
|Preceded by||Tangahuly Atakhallyev|
|Member of the Assembly|
from the 25th district
23 November 2016 – 2 January 2019
Serdar Gurbangulyyevich Berdimuhamedov
22 September 1981
Ashgabat, Turkmen SSR, Soviet Union (now Turkmenistan)
|Relatives||Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow (father)|
|Education||Turkmen Agricultural University|
Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Geneva Centre for Security Policy
Academy of Sciences
|Branch/service||Armed Forces of Turkmenistan|
|Years of service||2001–2003|
Serdar Gurbanguliyevich Berdimuhamedov (Turkmen pronunciation: [θɛɾdɑɾ ɢʊɾbɑnʁʊˈlɯjɛβɪtʃ bɛɾdɯmʊxɑmɛˈdoβ]; Russian: Сердар Курбанкулиевич Бердымухаметов, tr. Serdar Kurbankuliyevich Berdymukhametov; born 22 September 1981) is a Turkmen politician. He is the 3rd and current President of Turkmenistan since 2022.
References[change | change source]
- "Turkmenistan leader's son wins presidential election". AP NEWS. Associated Press. 15 March 2022. Archived from the original on 15 March 2022. Retrieved 15 March 2022.
- "Turkmen leader promotes son to provincial governor". reuters.com. Reuters. Retrieved 22 January 2021.
- "President of Turkmenistan weighs establishment of ruling dynasty: experts: EADaily". 1 March 2018. Retrieved 3 June 2018.
- RFE/RL's Turkmen Service (12 February 2021). "Turkmen Leader's Son Takes On New Roles; Rapid Rise Renews Talk Of Succession". RFE/RL.
- Putz, Catherine (13 February 2020). "Turkmenistan President's Son Appointed Minister". thediplomat.com. The Diplomat. Retrieved 19 January 2021.